Up and coming jam group TAUK spent their weekend at the Brooklyn Bowl, playing two nights at the esteemed Brooklyn, NY venue in support of their brand new album release, Sir Nebula. The album perfectly captures the band’s unique sound, and transporting that music into the live setting only amplified its energy.Over the two night run, TAUK welcomed some very special guests on as support for the party. On night one, it was Gowanus and lespecial, and night two featured Upright Man and Hayley Jane & The Primates, each bringing their fresh grooves to the Brooklyn crowd. TAUK kept things rolling with sets each night that featured both new music, some of their classic compositions, and a few fun covers mixed in to keep fans on their toes.The first night of music opened with their Collisions track “Friction,” before the band dove headfirst into their new material. With covers like “Oompa Loompa” and “Eleanor Rigby” mixed in, the show was certainly a night to remember!Listen to the full recording by taper Matt Moricle, streaming below.A recording of night two from Matt Moricle is available as well.A full gallery of images from night one, by Chris Capaci, can be seen below. Load remaining images
Sex With Strangers is directed by David Schwimmer. In Sex With Strangers, sex blogger Ethan (Magnussen) tracks down his idol, a gifted but obscure novelist named Olivia (Gunn). Their attraction turns to sex as they inch closer to getting what they want. The drama challenges the dark side of ambition and the near impossibility of reinventing oneself when the past is only a click away. Related Shows Show Closed This production ended its run on Aug. 31, 2014 Sex With Strangers Star Files View Comments Screw Broadway…can we be sex bloggers?! Sex with Strangers celebrates its opening night at Second Stage’s Tony Kiser Theatre on July 30. Laura Eason’s steamy drama stars Emmy winner Anna Gunn and Tony nominee Billy Magnussen. Billy Magnussen
Population: 1,734Public lands: Great Allegheny Passage trail, C&O Canal Path, Shenandoah and Potomac RiversOutdoor Highlights: biking, hiking and paddling on the C & O Canal, hiking on the Appalachian Trail, river rafting in Harpers Ferry
By Dialogo April 02, 2010 Chile Wednesday lifted its “catastrophic” emergency declaration after a huge earthquake that struck last month, but said it would keep its armed forces in place working on rebuilding. “The government, after consulting with regional (military) chiefs, has decided not to renew the catastrophic emergency declaration,” President Sebastian Pinera told reporters. The declaration had put Chile’s military on watch in the regions of O’Higgins, el Maule and Biobio after the 8.8-magnitude February 27 quake struck off Concepcion triggering a local tsunami. At least 452 people were killed and the disaster did some 30 billion dollars in damage. Chile opted to keep the military in place in the regions, where there was some looting immediately after the quake, Pinera said, “so they continue working on humanitarian efforts … and rebuilding.”
CUNA applauds revisions to NCUA’s risk-based capital proposal but will continue efforts to enhance rule.The NCUA Board voted 2-1 to put out a revised risk-based capital plan for credit unions for a 90-day comment period, which will begin when the proposal is published in the Federal Register, CUNA’s News Now reports.The hundreds of pages of documents are packed with revisions from the agency’s original and highly criticized plan launched almost exactly a year ago on Jan. 23.NCUA Board Member J. Mark McWatters voted against putting the proposal out for comment in part because of questions about the agency’s statutory authority regarding a two-tier system. During the meeting he noted federal lawmakers expressed concerns in this area and quoted from a CUNA legal opinion on the issue.CUNA President/CEO Jim Nussle released the following statement immediately following the NCUA board meeting:“I appreciate that the NCUA board reissued its risk-based capital proposal with many of the improvements that CUNA and the leagues requested. We are encouraged that the board listened and responded to credit union concerns, including lowering the 10.5% well-capitalized requirement, lowering some of the risk weights, removing the treatment of interest rate risk, extending the implementation time frame, reducing the number of credit union affected, and addressing the individual minimum capital requirement. continue reading » 1SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Two men have been arrested for allegedly receiving about 80 pounds of potent, high-grade strains of California-grown marijuana deliveries monthly on eastern Long Island, where they resold it, Suffolk County prosecutors said.The alleged ringleader, 27-year-old Brian Poole of Bellport, and a suspect that authorities identified as his chief reseller, 29-year-old Eric Gomez of Calverton, were indicted this week on charges of criminal possession of marijuana, conspiracy and other counts.“[Poole’s] profits averaged from $500 to $800 per pound, depending on the strain of marijuana,” District Attorney Thomas Spota said.Prosecutors said the suspects’ June 10 arrests came after investigators executed search warrants on Bellport and Bay Shore homes Poole allegedly used to prep the marijuana for street sales.During the raids, detectives seized hundreds of pounds of 11 different strains of marijuana with names such as “Girl Scout Cookies,” “Death Star,” “Jack the Ripper” and “Green Crack.” They also seized a stun gun, a defaced, loaded handgun and more than $200,000 in cash, authorities said.Gomez’ BMW was also was found to have vanity license plates that spell out “LIFTD,” slang for getting high, next to the anti-drug message “Keep Kids Drug Free.”Poole was ordered held without bail and Gomez was released without bail.The case is the result of a joint investigation with the Suffolk County police Narcotics Section and the Office of Homeland Security.
The House of Representatives has decided to proceed with the deliberation of controversial bills included on this year’s National Legislation Program (Prolegnas) priority list with a goal of passing them by October this year, while dropping several much-touted bills.The House held a meeting with the government and the Regional Representatives Council (DPD) on Thursday, in which they agreed to revise the priority list, citing the House’s limited capacity to deliberate all the bills included on it. “Some bills excluded from the Prolegnas can still be proposed to be included on next year’s priority list, which will be deliberated in October,” House Legislative Body (Baleg) chairman Supratman Andi Agtas of the Gerindra Party said upon chairing Thursday’s meeting.Law and Human Rights Minister Yasonna Laoly said the list had to be evaluated because the priority list was unrealistic following the COVID-19 pandemic. “This has always been a debate. Our capacity is far from the target.”There were 50 bills on the 2020 Prolegnas priority list. The legislative bodies and the government decided to drop 16 of them, while adding three more: the national development planning system, judges tenure and prosecutor bills. Among the bills that were kept on the list were the omnibus bill on job creation, as well as the criminal code, correctional center and Pancasila ideology guidelines (HIP) bills. Deliberations for the last three bills are still awaiting approval from the government.Lawmakers of House Commission III overseeing legal affairs had previously urged the government to resume deliberation of the controversial revisions to the Criminal Code and the 1995 Correctional Center Law, despite the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak and public disapproval.Deliberation of the criminal code and the correctional center bills was postponed last September following massive student protests in Jakarta and other regions, who demanded the bills be rejected for their threat against democracy and civil rights.Among problematic provisions in the Criminal Code revision were articles that critics fear would overcriminalize activities in the personal domain, such as cohabitation and consensual sex between unmarried people.Meanwhile, the current draft of the correctional center bill contains provisions that would remove prevailing regulations that stipulate strict criteria for issuing remissions and parole for prisoners convicted of extraordinary crimes, including terrorism and corruption.Read also: Govt opts to postpone deliberation of controversial bill on Pancasila amid backlash against HouseDeliberation of the HIP bill, which was proposed by the nationalist Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P), was also recently blocked thanks to a coordinated campaign by Muslim organizations and Islamist political parties at the House.Parties opposing the Pancasila bill argued that it would lead to the reemergence of communism in the country due to its provisions saying that state ideology Pancasila will have three basic characteristics called trisila (three principles) consisting of socionationalism, sociodemocracy and cultural divinity. All three values would then be crystalized in ekasila (one principle) of gotong royong (mutual cooperation).Several lawmakers questioned the decision to keep the problematic bills, while others supported the decision to continue prioritizing them.Mulyanto of the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) said the HIP bill should not be included on the priority list as the government had opted to postpone its deliberation amid outcry from the public who questioned its urgency and some of its contentious articles.Supratman responded that the Baleg could not do anything about the HIP bill as they were waiting for the government’s official response. “We should wait for the House leadership’s decision. We’ve also sent the bill’s draft to the President.”On the other hand, lawmakers supporting the deliberation of the problematic bills cited the recent passing of a controversial revision to the Coal and Mineral Mining Law as an “inspiration” for the commission to pass them.Indonesian Parliament Watch (Formappi) researcher Lucius Karus said the decision to withdraw some bills from the Prolegnas was questionable as the House still had until the end of the year. The withdrawal, he said, was just a sign of the House’s inability to do its job.”They’re also inconsistent. They drop some bills but add several new bills at the same time,” he said. “It is also possible that such revisions carried out amid the COVID-19 pandemic show the House’s eagerness to pass the controversial bills that are in their personal or group interest.”Lucius also questioned the House’s awareness of what the public wanted, as it dropped bills that people had been hoping for, particularly the sexual violence bill.Center for Policy and Legal Studies (PSHK) researcher Fajri Nursyamsi said the revision to the House’s Prolegnas was not so shocking as the legislative body had always been too ambitious and set its target too high since the beginning.He went on to say that the House should assess its ability to pass bills in line with the government’s goals. “A Prolegnas should be based on our development goals, such as the RPJMN [National Medium-Term Development Plan]. However, we’ve seen the list is often unrealistic.”Read also: Activists, survivors step up campaign for sexual violence bill after another delayThe wiretapping and marine security bills were also replaced by the Bank Indonesia and continental shelf bills.NasDem Party’s Taufik Basari questioned the decision to withdraw the sexual violence bill from the priority list, which had caused public outcry.National Commission on Violence Against Women (Komnas Perempuan) commissioner Mariana Amiruddin said the House had shown no concern for the victims of sexual violence by delaying the bill’s deliberation. Moreover, many Twitter users were enraged at the House’s excuse that the bill was “complicated”.Supratman said the withdrawal was due to overlapping criminal provisions with the criminal code bill, the deliberations of which had been delayed since September last year. At that time, students held massive protests in several regions across the country, demanding the bills be rejected for being a threat to democracy.“We hope we can include the sexual violence bill in the Prolegnas after we pass the Criminal Code bill,” he said.Topics :
At Inter Milan, he combined well will Sneijder to help the Italian giants win a treble in the 2009-10 season when they won the Champions League, Serie A, and the Coppa Italia. Xavi, now manager at Al Sadd, is often rated among the best Spanish players of all time. However, Xavi, who was his teammate at Barcelona where they won a treble the season before, did not make the Cameroonian’s cut. Together at Camp Nou, Eto’o and Xavi won two Champions League titles, four La Liga, one Copa del Rey and two Supercopa de Espana titles. Instead, he named four-time African Player of the Year Toure, who he believes is an unbelievable midfielder.Advertisement Samuel Eto’o has named Cote d’Ivoire’s Yaya Toure as his greatest teammate aside from Lionel Messi, overlooking Wesley Sneijder and Xavi Hernandez, among others. “Messi, Iniesta, Deco, Ronaldinho, Yaya Toure. It’s difficult to pick one. Apart from Messi? …Yaya Toure,” Eto’o told Goal. Yaya also stood tall when the list was narrowed down to the finest to have come from Africa. “Two of the greatest African players I’ve ever played with are Yaya Toure and Jay Jay Okocha,” he continued. “He [Yaya] is an incredible central midfielder one of the very best that the world has seen, and I was lucky enough to play with him. “Also, Okocha from Nigeria. He is a fantastic footballer, what an enigma!” Now one of the La Liga ambassadors, Eto’o is also the closest any African has come to winning the Ballon d’Or award since George Weah’s triumph in 1995. He finished third behind then Barcelona teammate Ronaldinho and Chelsea’s Frank Lampard in the 2005 edition. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Promoted Content10 Dystopian Movie Worlds You’d Never Want To Live In6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?8 Fascinating Facts About Coffee10 Extremely Dirty Seas In The World40 Child Stars Who Look Incredibly Gorgeous As AdultsTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All Time7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread Art6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World
Batesville, In.— Officials from Equifax say as many as 143 million American may have lost personal information in data breach recently. Reports indicate hackers were able to get driver’s license numbers, social security numbers, birth dates, dispute documents, personal identifying information and in some cases even credit card numbers.There are steps to take to help protect your information from being misused. Visit Equifax’s website, www.equifaxsecurity2017.com.Find out if your information was exposed. Click on the “Potential Impact” tab and enter your last name and the last six digits of your Social Security number. Your Social Security number is sensitive information, so make sure you’re on a secure computerand an encrypted network connection any time you enter it. The site will tell you if you’ve been affected by this breach.Whether or not your information was exposed, U.S. consumers can get a year of free credit monitoring and other services. The site will give you a date when you can come back to enroll. Write down the date and come back to the site and click “Enroll” on that date. You have until November 21, 2017 to enroll.You also can access frequently asked questionsat the site.Here are some other steps to take to help protect yourself after a data breach:Check your credit reportsfrom Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion — for free — by visiting com. Accounts or activity that you don’t recognize could indicate identity theft. Visit IdentityTheft.gov to find out what to do.Consider placing a credit freezeon your files. A credit freeze makes it harder for someone to open a new account in your name. Keep in mind that a credit freeze won’t prevent a thief from making charges to your existing accounts.Monitor your existing credit card and bank accounts closelyfor charges you don’t recognize.If you decide against a credit freeze, consider placing a fraud alerton your files. A fraud alert warns creditors that you may be an identity theft victim and that they should verify that anyone seeking credit in your name really is you.File your taxes early— as soon as you have the tax information you need, before a scammer can. Tax identity theft happens when someone uses your Social Security number to get a tax refund or a job. Respond right away to letters from the IRS.Indiana attorney general Curtis Hill estimates 3.8 million Hoosiers may have been compromised.
RelatedPosts Minister gives condition for resumption of contact sports Minister pledges support for development of AI, robotics in Nigeria NSF 2020: Sports minister raises fresh hope The Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday Dare, has engaged the leadership of Nigeria Football Federation via video conference to discuss the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on football in Nigeria and firm up strategies to mitigate the effect of the disruptions and protect the domestic football industry.The Minister informed the NFF team that in view of the Coronavirus pandemic that has practically paralysed the sports industry, it is imperative to assess its impact on the domestic sports industry, including football, and consider strategies for charting a new course for football in the post-COVID-19 era.He reiterated the need for the NFF to keep stakeholders, including the Government and private sector, duly informed on the steps being taken so they can consider interventions to protect the industry.It was also agreed that the current football season will be concluded within six to eight weeks of the re-opening of the country and a clear go-ahead by the relevant authorities is obtained to commence football activities.The format to be adopted upon the resumption of football activities regarding the completion of the various Leagues and Cup competitions will be determined by the time available, health and security guidelines, as well as decisions by global football authorities on football calendar and international competitions (CAF and FIFA).NFF will constantly review the football calendar as the issues develop and periodically keep stakeholders informed on proposals and plans, Dare said.The Minister was said to be working on many channels including but not limited to the setting-up of an Athletes Protection Fund and sourcing for intervention/support funding that could be utilised to support athletes and sports, including the football industry, affected by this pandemic.Tags: Nigeria Football FederationSunday Dare