Up and coming jam group TAUK spent their weekend at the Brooklyn Bowl, playing two nights at the esteemed Brooklyn, NY venue in support of their brand new album release, Sir Nebula. The album perfectly captures the band’s unique sound, and transporting that music into the live setting only amplified its energy.Over the two night run, TAUK welcomed some very special guests on as support for the party. On night one, it was Gowanus and lespecial, and night two featured Upright Man and Hayley Jane & The Primates, each bringing their fresh grooves to the Brooklyn crowd. TAUK kept things rolling with sets each night that featured both new music, some of their classic compositions, and a few fun covers mixed in to keep fans on their toes.The first night of music opened with their Collisions track “Friction,” before the band dove headfirst into their new material. With covers like “Oompa Loompa” and “Eleanor Rigby” mixed in, the show was certainly a night to remember!Listen to the full recording by taper Matt Moricle, streaming below.A recording of night two from Matt Moricle is available as well.A full gallery of images from night one, by Chris Capaci, can be seen below. Load remaining images
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A Chinese-Australian billionaire has been awarded $450,000 in damages after winning his defamation case over an a state broadcaster’s investigation that suggested he was a member of the Chinese Communist Party who bribed Australia lawmakers to make decisions in China’s interests. Chau Chak Wing sued Australian Broadcasting Corp. and Fairfax Media over the investigation broadcast on the “Four Corners” program and published in newspapers in 2017. The court rejected two of his claims but found four of them were defamatory. The ABC and Nine Entertainment were considering whether to appeal. The publishers had previously had their truth defense struck out, leaving only the question of whether Chau’s claims had been suggested in their reporting.
Heisler: Can someone from Lakers tell LaVar Ball to shut up? “It’s great what Rick Carlisle said,” Rivers said. “I just think we’re easy targets all the time. It’s just good to have someone fighting for us. I thought what Rick said was terrific. It’s just tough. It’s the world we’re in and we all made it. It is what it is and we all deal with it.“Stuff like that, it’s going to keep happening. We know it. I just hope we handle it better.”GRIFFIN UPDATEBlake Griffin rode on a stationary bicycle during the morning shootaround at the Clippers’ Playa Vista training facility, the first step in the NBA’s concussion protocol. There are several more steps he must take before he’s cleared to practice or play and there’s no timetable for his return to the lineup.“We just have to wait,” Rivers said.Griffin suffered a concussion when he was elbowed in the head by JaVale McGee of Golden State during the Clippers’ loss to the Golden State Warriors on Saturday afternoon. Griffin, the Clippers’ leading scorer, was sidelined for 14 games by a sprained left knee earlier this season.TEODOSIC IMPROVESMilos Teodosic sat out for the second consecutive game after aggravating the plantar fascia injury in his left foot that sidelined him for 22 games earlier this season. He could be back in the lineup as early as next Monday’s game against the Houston Rockets, Rivers said.“Milos is doing well,” Rivers said.“Is he playing tonight?” a reporter asked.“He’s not doing that well,” Rivers said, laughing. LOS ANGELES — LaVar Ball’s long-distance criticism of Lakers coach Luke Walton sent shockwaves through the NBA coaching fraternity that continued for another day. It was Clippers coach Doc Rivers’ turn to sound off about Ball’s statement that Walton had lost the support of the Lakers’ players.“That’s awful,” Rivers said Monday before the Clippers faced the Atlanta Hawks at Staples Center. “I just think it’s awful. I’m not going to go deep into that, because I’m not with them (the Lakers). But I am a coach. I just think it’s awful.”The Lakers asked Ball, the outspoken father of point guard Lonzo Ball, to cease his verbal assaults on Walton earlier this season. But, after a period of silence, LaVar Ball sounded off to an ESPN reporter while with his two younger sons, who are playing in Lithuania.LaVar Ball said in a story posted Sunday on ESPN’s website that Walton lost control of the Lakers’ locker room and the players “are not playing for Luke no more.” Lonzo Ball responded to his father’s comments by saying, “I’ll play for anybody.” Related Articles Kyle Kuzma defends Luke Walton, says most Lakers ‘love playing for him’ Big Baller Brand called out by Better Business Bureau after complaints, sued for back payment LaVar Ball also said of the 39-year-old Walton in the ESPN article: “Even if you bring in a LeBron (James) or a (Paul) George (as free agents in the offseason), what’s he gonna tell them? He’s too young. He has no control.”Walton did what he could to let the story die and Lakers management, to this point, has decided not to comment. Rick Carlisle, coach of the Dallas Mavericks and the president of the NBA coaches’ association, delivered a stern rebuke of the elder Ball and of ESPN’s reporting.Carlisle called ESPN’s interview with LaVar Ball “a disgrace.”“Luke Walton is a terrific young coach who is bringing along a young team, and it’s a difficult task,” Carlisle said before Dallas’ game in New York. “If you don’t believe it, just ask me. We’re going through that now (with the Mavericks) and went through that last year.”Walton told Lakers beat reporters he received calls of support from other NBA coaches. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error