By Dialogo May 18, 2011 I think this newspaper is great since the articles appear in various languages and they are also important articles not jokes congratulations The Colombian police have announced the arrest of Jesús Hernández, who is accused of being the leader of the hitmen who work for one faction of the so-called Envigado Office, a criminal network in the service of drug traffickers, and for whom a reward of 110,000 dollars was being offered. According to a report by the police, Hernández (alias ‘Chaparro’) is the second-in-command of the organization led by Ericcson Vargas (alias ‘Sebastián’). Hernández’s arrest took place on Wednesday, but according to the police, it was announced on Sunday once his identification was confirmed, since the alleged criminal had altered the pads of his fingers. On Wednesday, the police also announced the arrest in Aruba of Gustavo Alvarez (alias ‘Tavo’), the second-in-command of another faction of the Envigado Office, led by Maximiliano Bonilla (alias ‘Valenciano’). The factions led by ‘Sebastián’ and ‘Valenciano’ are mired in a war to the death over control of retail cocaine trafficking and of their territory, in which their chief center of operations is the city of Medellín (400 km northwest of Bogotá). The two are heirs of Diego Murillo (alias ‘Don Berna’), a drug trafficker and former paramilitary leader extradited to the United States in 2008.
ILOILO – The provincial governmentwill be forming the Provincial Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict(PTF-ELCAC) – a local counterpart of the National Task Force to End LocalCommunist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC) that President Rodrigo Duterte createdDecember last year. The governor met with Sumagaysay onTuesday to discuss the PTF-ELCAC. Also present were Philippine Army’s 301stBrigade Commander General Alberto Desoyo; Iloilo Police Provincial Officedirector Police Colonel Roland Vilela; and representatives from the PhilippineCoast Guard and the National Bureau of Investigation. Gov. Arthur Defensor Jr. recentlyexpressed alarm over the series of clashes between government troops and rebelsin the municipalities of Miag-ao and Igbaras. “Governor Defensor suggested that therewill be a separate meeting of the PPOC on October 3. And then the resolution ofPPOC will be submitted to PDC for approval,” Sumagaysay said. While the NTF-ELCAC aims awhole-of-nation approach in attaining inclusive and sustainable peace, thePTF-ELCAC’s tack would be whole-of-province. Based on DILG Memorandum Circular2019-125, a joint resolution of the Provincial Peace and Order Council (PPOC)and the Provincial Development Council (PDC) is needed for the creation of thetask force. It will be chaired by the governor. “This is good because the thrust ofGovernor (Arthur) Defensor (Jr.) is social justice. The framework is alreadythere. All we have to do is make the implementation plan,” said Department ofInterior and Local Government (DILG) Iloilo director Teodora Sumagaysay. Defensor said the provincialgovernment has programs that could help address the insurgency problem; one ofthese is building road networks even in remote areas. These road networks are envisioned tousher economic development even in far-flung areas. Economic difficulty is oneof the factors driving people to rebel, Defensor explained. The governor will then create 12clusters. Each cluster will be composed of government agencies with related functions.The governor should also ensure that the task force is replicated at themunicipal level. (LHC, Capitol News/PN)
Sunday’s 2-1 defeat at home to Tottenham, following Gaston Ramirez’s red card, continued a worrying run of results for the Tigers, who have won only once since the first day of the season. Draws against Arsenal and Liverpool last month represent their only two points from the last 15 and they now sit just one above the relegation zone. Press Association With Bruce having completed a pricey overhaul of the playing staff in the summer that comes as something of a surprise. Tough away games against Manchester United and Everton are next on the schedule, meaning things could yet get harder but Bruce is eager to urge calm. “It’ll turn around for us,” he said. “Every manager in the Premier League will come in and say ‘we could be this, we could be that’ but, after 12 games, we are below par. “We’ve only got 11 points, which isn’t good enough. We’d all love to be in the top half of the table but we’re not. “But I’m convinced we’ve got a good enough squad to cope with the rigours of the winter ahead and I’m sure we’ll be okay.” Bruce acknowledged that the forthcoming trips to Old Trafford and Goodison Park, not mention one to meet table-topping Chelsea before Christmas, are unlikely to aid the Tigers’ cause, but he is not hiding from the challenge. “In this particular run of games, we’ve already been to Liverpool and we’ve been to Arsenal,” he said. “But then again we are Hull and we’re only in the second season in (the Premier League). We always knew it was going to be difficult. “In my experience, every game is a big game. We’ve got big names who we play soon. We’ve got Manchester United, we’ve got Everton, we’ve got Chelsea. But, once we’ve been, we’ve been. “We don’t have to go back there, so let’s get it done and dusted. If we keep playing the way we did against Spurs, and the same attitude, then we’ll be okay.” Hull manager Steve Bruce is refusing to panic despite his ailing side’s slump down the Barclays Premier League table.
A West Palm Beach family is suing a local funeral home for allegedly allowing a photo of their deceased relative to be posted on social media.The lawsuit, filed this week, states that an employee from Stevens Brothers Funeral Home took the photo of Jakiel Allyson Jones’ disfigured body and gave it to someone else. It ended up online soon thereafter.Jones was killed in a traffic crash on I-95 near Lantana last January.Her mother, Deanna Washington, says that Jones’ service was closed casket due to the significant injuries the woman sustained. She adds, “When I looked at the photo I saw that it was taken in the prep room at the funeral home. My baby partially clothed on a mortuary slab, with her hair pulled back. Her body had not been prepped for us or anyone else to view.”Her father, Jessie Jones, says, “We hired this funeral home to help us, in our hour of need, instead they took our pain and made it even worse,” said Jessie Jones, Jakiel’s father.The funeral home has not responded to requests for comment.“This case is about accountability, the funeral home was negligent, and they did not protect this family’s right to privacy during a very difficult time in their lives,” argues Nicole Hunt Jackson, the family’s attorney.Meanwhile, Jakiel Jones’ parents are searching for answers.According to Washington, “I couldn’t see who could stand over a dead person’s body and take a picture of them, to do wrong with that. Nothing good. You took my daughter’s picture and did wrong with it.”