Banal satisfied with rookie picks as Marinerong Pilipino looks for fresh legs

first_imgScottie Thompson also worthy of Finals MVP, thinks Cone With school-based teams already filling up their rosters with varsity players, AMA, Marinerong Pilipino, and newcomer Mila’s Lechon were given the luxury of picking the best talent from the aspirants pool in the first four rounds of the 2017 PBA D-League Draft.Surprisingly, Fil-foreign players were first players plucked as Owen Graham went to the Titans while the Skippers got Kyle Toth.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkThus Banal still was able to pluck the high-scoring Pasaol from the pool as he got one of the most sought after prospects with the UE super scorer.Aside from Pasaol, Marinerong Pilipino also got La Salle big man Abu Tratter and Ateneo forward Vince Tolentino from the draft to team up with holdovers Achie Iñigo, Renzo Subido, John Lopez, and Mark Isip. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson LATEST STORIES Redemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie Thompson Meralco ‘never the same’ after Almazan injury in PBA Finals Only 8 teams advance to quarterfinals as PBA tweaks format for PH Cup PBA IMAGESEven Marinerong Pilipino coach Koy Banal was surprised that he was still able to get his hands on highly touted prospect Alvin Pasaol as late as the second round.“We thought he’s going to be the top pick for AMA, but everything happens for a reason,” he said.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Brian Heruela arrival bolsters Phoenix backcourt, defense Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson View comments Banal was satisfied to be able to get collegiate standouts with the the first conference of the developmental league dominated by school-based teams.“We’re facing collegiate teams, so we needed young legs who would be able to keep up with our opponents who has young legs also,” said Banal.“The important thing is the chemistry. All of them are good picks and can contribute anytime in any given game in our team. We’re just hoping that we build a good chemistry.ADVERTISEMENT Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player awardlast_img read more

Lindsay Goldberg Mulls Odfjell Terminals Stake Sale

first_imgzoomImage Courtesy: Odfjell American private equity firm Lindsay Goldberg (LG) is considering a sale of its 49 percent shareholding in Odfjell Terminals B.V. (OTBV).Announcing the development, Norwegian shipping and tank terminal company Odfjell, which owns the remaining 51 percent in the joint venture, said that it continues to consider the company as its core business.“We are committed long-term to owning, developing and operating tank terminals. However, as a part of LG’s considered sale, Odfjell will evaluate selling its indirect 51 pct shareholding in OTBV subsidiary Odfjell Terminals Rotterdam,” Odfjell said.LG has been Odfjell’s joint venture partner in OTBV’s US and European terminals since 2011.In 2013, the partnership was expanded to include OTBV’s global terminal operations.Odfjell’s existing tank terminals are located in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, Antwerp, Belgium, Sohar, Oman, Singapore, Onsan, Korea, Dalian, Jiangyin and Tianjin in China, and Houston and Charleston in the U.S.One tank terminal is under development in Quanzhou in China. Odfjell SE has also a minority shareholding in the BIK terminal in Iran.last_img read more