The number of workers that have been laid off and forced to take unpaid leave has reached 162,416 in the capital as more than 18,000 companies in the city grapple with the impact of the novel coronavirus outbreak, the Jakarta administration has said.Data compiled by the Jakarta Manpower, Transmigration and Energy Agency showed that as of Sunday, a total of 30,137 workers had been terminated by 3,348 companies, while another 132,279 employees had been sent home without pay.A total of 18,045 companies in Jakarta have been affected by the coronavirus outbreak. “[The Jakarta administration] is collecting data on the number of workers who have been laid off and forced to take unpaid leave to be reported later to the Office of the Coordinating Economic Minister and the Manpower Ministry,” the agency wrote on its official Instagram account.The Jakarta administration, through the agency, had issued a policy to accelerate the preemployment card program to offer subsidized job training courses and incentives to workers affected by layoffs and unpaid leave to cushion the economy during the COVID-19 pandemic.Confederation of Indonesian Trade Unions (KSPI) president Said Iqbal has called on the government to prepare more measures to anticipate more layoffs. “The government needs to give funds to workers, app-based ride-hailing drivers, and small businesses. It would ease the burden of companies as part of the payment is subsidized by the government,” Said Iqbal said in a statement on Monday. Read also: Airline employees worried about job security as COVID-19 takes its tollHe also suggested the government give incentives to tourism businesses by terminating bank loan interests or reducing tourism-related tax to keep the industry alive.Said Iqbal also called on companies to reduce production costs by giving more days off to workers with a rotational policy to ensure production kept ongoing.”It would reduce electrical costs, catering costs and others for companies” he said, adding that companies should still pay workers in full.At the time of the writing, Andi Yansyah, the head of Jakarta’s Manpower, Transmigration and Energy Agency, was not immediately available when reached for comment by The Jakarta Post.As of Sunday, the novel coronavirus disease has sickened 2,273 people and killed 198 across the archipelago. Jakarta remains the hardest-hit by the contagious disease as the capital has reported nearly half of nationwide cases, or 1,143 infections, with 111 fatalities.Topics :
Indonesia has seen e-wallet platforms grow significantly over the last five years, but there is still room for domestic and international e-wallet players to enter the market given its size, an industry group says.Indonesian E-Commerce Association (idEA) digital economy head Bima Laga said many local e-wallets could compete with existing platforms on a national scale.“There is an e-wallet that is popular in Bali that focuses on payments for hotel and leisure. I think it is very possible that such a local player could scale up and capture a wider market,” he said during a webinar hosted by MarkPlus on Wednesday. He added that increasing internet penetration rates and the integration of e-wallets with e-commerce payment could help other e-wallet platforms emerge and grow.According to Statista, almost half of Indonesian online shoppers will use an e-wallet by 2023, compared to only about 6 percent of shoppers in 2017.A 2019 JP Morgan report noted that e-wallet payments made up 20 percent of online payments, just after card payments at 34 percent.“During the pandemic, e-wallets are becoming increasingly popular,” Bima said. “I think the industry can grow further if they tap into payments for travel and leisure, as well as payments of hospital bills.” Institute for Development of Economics and Finance (Indef) researcher Bhima Yudhistira added that digital wallets should cater to the growing edutech and e-health services.He agreed that there was room for more e-wallet platforms to operate in Indonesia, including foreign platforms.“Foreign e-wallets, such as Facebook Pay, have already begun trials in Asia. I think it is only a matter of time before they enter Indonesia,” Bhima said.He added that in the future, new domestic digital wallets would choose to merge with existing e-wallets or work with banks because such collaborations would make it easier for e-wallet platforms to capture a wider share of the market, obtain consumer data and adopt existing technology.“But industry players need to keep in mind the market competition. We do not want the industry to be concentrated in only a few platforms and create market domination,” he said.Bank Indonesia noted that 38 e-wallet platforms were licensed in the country but that only a few were well known.A recent MarkPlus survey showed that ShopeePay had outperformed other e-wallet platforms during the last three months. The company captured 26 percent of the digital wallet market, while GoPay, OVO, DANA and LinkAja captured between 8 percent and 24 percent of the market.MarkPlus high-tech, property and consumer goods industry head Rhesa Dwi Prabowo said ShopeePay’s success was a result of its vigorous discounts and marketing, as well as its integration with e-commerce platform Shopee.Shopee Indonesia director Handhika Jahja said on Wednesday that the company had seen a threefold year-on-year (yoy) increase in the number of customers using ShopeePay in the second quarter. He predicted continuous growth in transactions as the company rolled out online shopping promotions such as 9.9 Super Shopping Day.Bhima of Indef, however, noted that e-wallets should find a more sustainable method than widespread discounts to retain users.“In the beginning, people wanted to try e-wallets because of the discounts, but we are entering a phase where people are more concerned about their safety and efficiency,” he said, adding that investors would be wary of strategies that “burned money”.A 2019 survey by market research firm Ipsos showed that most first-time e-wallet users were motivated by promotions. However, as people have integrated cashless payments into their lives, convenience and safety have become the top reasons for using e-wallets.The survey also found that millennial e-wallet users wanted their payment applications to be connected to their savings accounts, while most Gen-Z users wanted more “pay later” options.Digital payments in Southeast Asia are expected to reach $1.1 trillion in value by 2025, according to the 2019 e-Conomy SEA report by Google, Temasek and Bain & Company. Accounting for just over $22 billion in 2019, e-wallet transactions are likely to grow more than fivefold and to exceed $114 billion by 2025, the study found.Topics :
NewsSports Champions League final: Fans arrive at Wembley Stadium by: – May 28, 2011 Share Share Supporters began gathering outside the stadium earlierThousands of excited football fans have arrived at Wembley Stadium for the Champions League final.The Manchester United v Barcelona game is due to kick off at 1945 BST.Supporters of both teams have been congregating outside the ground, where a huge police operation is under way to ensure the game passes peacefully.The game is set to be the most-watched fixture between two club sides ever, with up to 300m people expected to view it worldwide.The bumper viewer figures are expected partly because the final is to be held on a Saturday for only the second time, and also because both clubs have such a huge following.It is being billed as the biggest sporting event in the UK until the London 2012 Olympics.Fifa president Sepp Blatter has said he will not attend the game because he is preparing for an ethics committee hearing following bribery allegations.Blatter has not commented on the proceedings but said: “The facts will speak for themselves.”Some 1,000 police officers are involved in the operation across London. So far there has been no trouble, according to a Metropolitan Police spokesman.The Met has revealed that officers from the Spanish force will be on duty in London during the game.“A Catalan speaking officer from the Met will be liaising with the Spanish police during the event and will be on hand to assist with fans if required,” a spokesman said.“Police spotters from Greater Manchester Police and Spanish police will be working alongside uniformed Met spotters.Pubs closed“If you are subject to a banning order and you attempt to get into the ground you will be arrested.”Each club has 25,000 supporters with match tickets, although an estimated 110,000 fans were expected to travel to London for the final.Pubs in the area closed an hour before kick-off and no alcohol is being permitted inside the stadium.Neither team is missing any star players.Sir Alex Ferguson has decided to start with Javier Hernandez up front, alongside Wayne Rooney.Sir Alex must also decide whether to man-mark Barcelona’s most feared player, Lionel Messi – often considered the best footballer in the world.Many fans are trying to acquire last minute tickets outside the stadium.Dave, a Manchester United supporter, said: “All the Spanish fans have been great and having a really great time – they are really friendly.“I would have travelled to the other side of the world just to savour the atmosphere.”Barcelona supporter Mark said: “It is fantastic to be here. It is a great opportunity for all the people of Barcelona and Manchester.“I hope it will be a good match.“We have fantastic players but Manchester United are a very good team – it will be an equal match.”Earlier in the day Barcelona fans gathered in London’s Trafalgar Square where Nelson’s Column was festooned with flags.‘Take care’A major policing operation is also taking place in Manchester.Extra patrols are being carried out in the city centre as supporters fill pubs and bars to watch the match.Supt Chris Sykes, from Greater Manchester Police, said: “Our main aim is to ensure the weekend and bank holiday is a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.“There will be a lot of Manchester United fans, and football fans in general, hoping United will be able to overcome Barcelona.“Obviously emotions can run high, but what I’d say is make sure you take care of yourself when out and about.”BBC News 35 Views no discussions Tweet Share Sharing is caring!
I recently read an article in the Cincinnati Enquirer about ACL injuries. Dr. Tim Cremcheck, the Red’s doctor, recently did 10 surgeries in one day. All of the surgeries were performed on high school athletes. He has already done over 300 surgeries this year on ACL’s alone.Dr. Cremcheck believes that young athletes are over-extending their bodies. This is especially true with young ladies in soccer. His advice is not to over train a young athlete until their bodies have naturally matured. You might ask “most bodies are not mature until much later, so what should I do for my son or daughter”? His advice is to let them play their sport naturally and leave the heavy training to the older athletes.Some injuries will still occur, but he feels that the pre-adult athlete’s body is not ready for year-round training.
Beckwith Star (7-1) bravely landed the two-mile Easyfix Rubber Products Handicap Hurdle for a second consecutive year. Press Association Henry de Bromhead’s 10-year-old looked susceptible to Defining Year at the top of the home straight, but Dermot Weld’s inmate did not find as much as had been expected and could only finish third. Plain Sailing instead came powerfully from off the pace under Danny Mullins, but he was narrowly kept at bay by the Adam O’Neill-ridden Beckwith Star, with just a head separating the protagonists as they hit the line. De Bromhead said :”For a 10-year-old he has some heart and is very straightforward. “He battled really well and he can do anything (over hurdles or fences) now as he has his job done. “Fair play to Adam, he gave him a super ride and is great value for his 5lb claim.”
The Latest: French soccer to raise more money for hospitals Associated Press April 30, 2020 Fans have a chance to win a signed jersey in exchange for an online donation of 5 euros ($5.40) to the “Tous Unis contre le Virus” (All United against the Virus) campaign.French champion Paris Saint-Germain’s jersey is co-signed by Kylian Mbappé and Edinson Cavani.Dimitri Payet was one of France’s best players when the team reached the 2016 European Championship final and he has signed the Marseille jersey. Houssem Aouar signed Lyon’s jersey.The French league says 2 million euros ($2.2 million) has already been raised through previous fundraising in French soccer.___ Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___The French soccer league has launched a lottery to help raise funds for hospitals and medical staff dealing with the coronavirus pandemic. More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6
SENIOR Sportswoman of the Year (2018), Chelsea Edghil, booked Guyana’s lone qualification spot for the Pan American Games Table Tennis Singles when she claimed a narrow victory on Saturday evening in Guatemala.The 21-year-old, who graduated from Lindenwood University in Missouri, USA with a BSc in Chemistry this month, battled back against a strong Paraguayan player to win the second leg of the qualification, which earned her a spot at the July-August Games in Lima, Peru.Guyana’s top four players (Christopher Franklin, Shemar Britton, Trenace Lowe and Edghill) all attempted to qualify for the games, and although they played hard and did achieve some success, only Edghill was able to get the important win in the second knockout.The qualification system had three trials with the top two players from each trial succeeding, before the remaining names were re-drawn for the subsequent round.Although Edghill was seeded number two, just behind Lowe, Lucero Ovelar was favourite to defeat her in their decisive clash. The US-based Guyanese lost the first game 9-11, before she won 11-5, 11-8 and 11-7, but Ovelar battled back to draw even (3-3) at 11-8 and 11-7. The former Caribbean U21 champion kept her composure to win the final game 11-9.‘SUPER FOCUSED’“In the match, the goal was to remain super focused and play one point at a time,” the former Bishops’ High School student told the Guyana Chronicle. “Not thinking about the point lost before and the one ahead, just the point I was about to play. In the 7th game, the strategy was to start early, and remain calm and confident and not have doubts about any shot.”Franklin, who lost twice to Guatemala’s Heber Moscoso, first in the round of 16 (4-2) on the first day, before losing to him in the second tournament 4-3, bounced back on day three to defeat players from Costa Rica (4-1) and Bolivia (4-3), before he was defeated by Venezuelan Marco Navas, who qualified for the games.Britton also lost to Moscoso (1-4) in the final round. The Guatemalan also booked a spot to Peru.In the final round, Lowe also fell in a deciding clash against Trinidadian Rheann Chung.Since Lowe and Franklin had lost in the virtual final, they had chances to make the reserves, but they were defeated in their playoff matches against Barbados’ Tyrese Knight and El Salvador’s Monica Mendoza.Twenty-three males from Guyana, Venezuela, Colombia, Bolivia, Panama, Costa Rica, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Barbados, St Kitts, Honduras, Guatemala and Barbados and 19 females from Guyana, Ecuador, El Salvador, Paraguay, Ecuador, Costa Rica Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, Barbados, St Kitts and Honduras were vying for qualification spots.
The Tipperary County Board is holding a Club Championship Forum tonight in Thurles to discuss structures in the county.Each club has been invited to send 5 delegates which must include 2 adult players plus the Club Chairman, Secretary and Co Board delegate.Among the issues will be the possible decoupling of the Divisional and County championships going forward. Knockavilla Kickhams hurling manager Paidi Slattery has his doubts about the likelihood of this happening.Due to a power failure in the Dome at Semple Stadium – tonight’s Forum has been transferred to The Anner Hotel in Thurles, starting 7.30pm. Photo © Tipperary GAA
*Brenda Rodgers Pledges as he takes over at Leicester CityBrendan Rodgers has been appointed as the new manager of Leicester City, ending a trophy-laden two-and-a-half years at Scottish Premiership giants Celtic.The Northern Irishman returns for his third stint in the Premier League, following spells with Swansea and Liverpool, the latter of which ended in October 2015. At Celtic, Rodgers won two straight Premiership titles and leaves the club eight points clear of rivals Rangers at the summit this season.Rodgers said: ‘I’m very privileged and honoured to be here as Leicester City manager and I’ll give my life to make the supporters proud of their club.‘Together, we’ll be stronger and I’m looking forward to working with the players, staff and supporters to make the right steps forward.’Leicester sacked Claude Puel on Sunday, less than 24 hours after a disappointing 4-1 defeat at the hands of Crystal Palace.The Foxes have now lost four home games in a row and have dropped down the Premier League table. They are without a win since New Year’s Day and will hope the appointment of Rodgers can arrest the slump.In the latter stages of Puel’s reign at the King Power Stadium, the Foxes were dumped out of the FA Cup at the hands of League Two Newport County, before suffering defeats at the hands of Southampton, Wolves and Palace.Leicester City Vice-chairman, Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, said: “I’m absolutely delighted to bring a manager of Brendan’s calibre to Leicester City and I look forward to seeing what he, our talented, young squad and our dedicated, skilled team of staff can achieve together.“As projects, including the development of our new training ground and the proposed expansion of King Power Stadium continue to take shape, and as a young squad of great potential begins to mature, Brendan and his colleagues arrive at an exciting time for Leicester City.“We’re continuing to grow as a club and I am anticipating that Brendan’s coaching methods, knowledge and experience can enhance our journey,” he concluded.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
Trump selling this lavish estate for $28 million United States President Donald Trump, is selling his Caribbean estate for a whopping $28 million.Trump bought Le Chateau des Palmiers – a walled compound on the north-western tip of French St. Martin for a rumoured £15 million pounds in 2013.After using it mainly as a rental property, he’s put it up for sale.In a brochure for the property, he tells prospective buyers, “Greetings from Donald J. Trump. Escape to a place no other.”The lavish five-acre estate on St. Martin’s Plum Bay includes two villas, one five-bedroom and another four-bedroom and several other buildings.In total, the compound contains 11 bedrooms and 12 full bathrooms.The larger villa has a two-story master bedroom with a Jacuzzi bath tub and two private balconies.The smaller villa has several themed bedrooms, including the “Jungle Room” with a king-size bed.The whole property is enclosed by an eight-foot boundary wall.