WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School. An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6:30pm.There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:The School Committee will consider approving a new homework policy for the district. (The School Committee previously approved first and second readings of the policy in June and August.)The School Committee will consider approving a new 3-year contract for the School Nurses (September 1, 2018-August 31, 2021). Committee members will meet in Executive Session prior to the meeting to discuss.The School Committee will receive a presentation on the Coordinated Program Review’s Corrective Action Plan.The School Committee will consider approving the Student Activity Accounts for the 2018-2019 school year.The School Committee will receive a draft calendar of the budget process from Superintendent Glenn Brand.The School Committee will conduct a “first reading” of the Superintendent’s goals.The School Committee will receive a report on the district’s summer professional development efforts.The School Committee will be introduced to new staff members.The School Committee will receive an update on fall athletics.The School Committee will discuss its operating protocols.The School Committee will receive a report from the Superintendent, plus subcommittee reports and any public comments.The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-E — Channel 99 on Comcast and Channel 39 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.Wilmington Apple intends on reporting on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting.Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedSCHOOL COMMITTEE NEWS: Homework, Bullying, Vaping, Grants, Gymnastics & More To Be Discussed At June 12 MeetingIn “Education”SCHOOL COMMITTEE NEWS: Big Issues To Be Discussed At Wednesday’s Meeting (August 29)In “Education”SCHOOL COMMITTEE NOTEBOOK: 5 Things That Happened At Recent School Committee MeetingIn “Education”
The modular design of The Wall Luxury’s Micro LED panels allow TVs from 73 up to 292 inches. Samsung Samsung’s The Wall TV is finally going to be available for consumers to purchase. At least those wealthy enough to afford its still unknown, but likely insanely expensive, price tag. Available globally in July, The Wall Luxury is Samsung’s first consumer Micro LED display. The scalable, modular technology can be configured and customized to a variety of sizes, from 73-inches in 2K (a.k.a. 1080p) resolution all the way up to 292-inches in 8K resolution — assuming your room and budget can support adding the additional panels. Comments TVs Samsung 3 Samsung MicroLED TV comes closer to reality in 75-inch… Samsung The Frame UN55LS003AF 1:48 Preview • The Wall Luxury incorporates design-centric features from other Samsung TVs. Like the Frame, The Wall isn’t meant to be turned off. Instead, Samsung says, it changes “into a digital canvas best matching the owner`s interior needs and personal mood.” The display runs a version of Samsung’s Ambient mode found on its 2019 QLED TVs that shows curated art, photos and videos, complete with optional digital frames.Samsung says the product will be sold through its “Custom Installer Network” and those looking for pricing information should contact them. For context, Samsung’s QLED-based TVs max out at $70,000 for a 98-inch 8K version, so it’s safe to assume that The Wall Luxury will cost well into six figures, at least for the larger 4K and 8K sizes.Instead of powering off, Samsung’s The Wall Luxury television can turn into a digital picture frame when not in use. Samsung The first new screen technology in a decade, MicroLED utilizes millions of tiny, inorganic LEDs packed together to create the image. It has the potential for the same perfect black levels as OLED with no danger of burn-in. It can deliver higher brightness than any current display technology, wide-gamut excellent color and doesn’t suffer the viewing angle and uniformity issues of LCD. The Wall Luxury features a brightness of 2,000 nits, higher than all but the brightest LCD TVs available today, for improved HDR image quality. Samsung mentions a “120Hz video rate,” although it’s unclear whether that’s the same as the 120Hz refresh rate used by high-end 4K TVs. Samsung’s AI Upscaling is also present through what the company calls its “Quantum Processor Flex,” which uses machine learning to calibrate the picture regardless of The Wall’s modular screen resolution.The Wall Luxury has a panel depth of 30mm, an improvement on the 80mm depth of the earlier version of The Wall that was only available for the commercial market. Despite the depth improvement, however, a Samsung representative told CNET that The Wall Luxury doesn’t use the next-generation version of MicroLED tech shown at CES 2019. That version uses even smaller LEDs, managing to eke 4K resolution out of a 75-inch size. There’s no word on when Samsung will bring that version to market. Tags 31 Photos Meet Samsung’s modular and massive MicroLED TVs at CES Compared to OLED and LCD, one disadvantage of current MicroLED technology is resolution. At 73 inches and 2K/1080p resolution, the individual pixels of The Wall Luxury are significantly larger than those of a typical 75-inch 4K LCD or 77-inch 4K OLED TV, so the image won’t be as detailed with 4K TV shows and movies, in particular from relatively close seating distances. The same goes for higher-resolution; Samsung sells QLED TVs with 8K resolution as small as 65 inches, while to get that resolution in MicroLED you’ll need, yes, a 292-inch TV.Update June 13: Added more pricing information. Share your voice Now playing: Watch this:
Post a comment US firms can again deal with Huawei. Óscar Gutiérrez/CNET President Donald Trump agreed Saturday to lift some restrictions against US companies selling high-tech gear to Chinese telecom giant Huawei, says a report. “We’re talking about equipment where there’s not a great national-emergency problem with it,” Trump said after a meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping, according to The Wall Street Journal.In May, Trump signed an executive order essentially banning Huawei because of national security concerns that the company is too closely tied to the Chinese government and that its gear could be used to spy on other countries and companies. Huawei has repeatedly said those fears are unfounded. More on Huawei Tags Mobile Security Huawei ban: Full timeline on how and why its phones are under fire Trump could use Huawei ban as leverage for US-China trade deal US companies reportedly bypassing Trump ban on sales to Huawei Huawei says Trump’s ban will hurt US 5G deployment FCC commissioner wants Huawei gear out of US networks The easing of restrictions is part of a general cease fire on trade reached between Trump and Xi during a meeting on the sidelines of a Group 20 meeting. Trump said the deal to restart talks would see the US delaying added tariffs on Chinese products in return for China buying American farm goods. It’s not yet clear exactly what Huawei restrictions will be lifted. “We’re going to work with China on where we left off to see if we can make a deal,” Trump reportedly said during a news conference. The president said he’d hold off on the Huawei issue until the end of negotiations, the Journal said.John Neuffer, president of the Semiconductor Industry Association, a trade group for makers of chips for computers, phones and other equipment, told the Journal he needed more details on what Huawei can now buy from member companies. He added, though, that he’s “encouraged the talks are restarting and additional tariffs are on hold.”Unnamed sources told the Journal that US national security officials have been exploring ways of narrowing the Huawei prohibitions so they pinpoint sales of US gear used in “chokepoints,” places where the Chinese company’s tech could control wireless networks. Security experts have voiced concern about foreign powers disrupting US communications networks, especially during a national emergency.Originally published June 28, 9:44 a.m. PT.Update, 10:20 a.m.: Adds mention of concern about “chokepoints.” Share your voice 0 Huawei
BSE closes points 183.75 up on June 92.6K views00:00 / 00:00- 00:00:0000:00BSE closes points 183.75 up on June 92.6K viewsBusinessNew Delhi, June 09 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 183.75 points up to stand at 25,580.21. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 71.20 points up to stand at 7,654.60. Unitech and Grasim Industries Ltd. were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 17.16% and 11.38% along with Sobha Dev and Sun TV Network with an increase of 8.96% and 8.95% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include Pipavav Defence and Godrej Consumer Products Ltd. with a decrease of 4.98% and 3.12% along with Bajaj Finserv Ltd. and MCX with a decrease of 2.96% and 2.79% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 234.63 points at 15,419.15 while the banking sector is up 28.77 points at 17,817.36 and the realty sector is up 127.98 points at 2,256.01. The Indian currency is up 0.16% at Rs 59.07 per dollar.Ventuno Web Player 4.50New Delhi, June 09 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 183.75 points up to stand at 25,580.21. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 71.20 points up to stand at 7,654.60. Unitech and Grasim Industries Ltd. were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 17.16% and 11.38% along with Sobha Dev and Sun TV Network with an increase of 8.96% and 8.95% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include Pipavav Defence and Godrej Consumer Products Ltd. with a decrease of 4.98% and 3.12% along with Bajaj Finserv Ltd. and MCX with a decrease of 2.96% and 2.79% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 234.63 points at 15,419.15 while the banking sector is up 28.77 points at 17,817.36 and the realty sector is up 127.98 points at 2,256.01. The Indian currency is up 0.16% at Rs 59.07 per dollar.
Syria’s presidential advisor Buthaina Shaba’an said on Wednesday that her government’s main ally, Russia, assured the Syrian government that there will be no more US strikes on Syrian military positions.Her remarks came a couple of weeks after the US launched 59 Tomahawk missiles on the Shayrat Air Base in central Syria, in retaliation for an alleged toxic gas attack by the Syrian army on a rebel-held town in Idlib province, Xinhua news agency reported.The Russians “stressed to us that they are standing by Syria, and we understood from them that the American aggression will not be repeated,” Shaba’an told pan-Arab al-Mayadeen TV in an interview.Further slamming the strike, Shaba’an said the US missile strike was a “reckless aggression that took place without investigation,” adding that what the United States is doing today reflects “confusion.”The official said that the alleged chemical attack was a setup, citing what she described as western specialists as saying that there was no aerial bombardment on the targeted area in the Khan Sheikhoun town.Shaba’an said the US strike wasn’t a military, but a political message, adding that the alliance between Russia, Syria and Iran is “stronger than ever.”Meanwhile, the presidential advisor said that the US is in a state of declination, while Russia, China and India are rising high.She said her country was expecting an investigation team from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), stressing that the Syrian government is in no possession of chemical weapons.