Michael Zorc believes Uli Hoeness’ claim that Borussia Dortmund are favourites for Saturday’s game against Bayern Munich is irrelevantDortmund head into this weekend’s ‘Der Klassiker’ hoping to maintain their unbeaten start in the Bundesliga and extend their lead at top of the standings.Bayern president Hoeness claimed earlier this week that Dortmund enter the game as the clear favourites.But Dortmund sporting director Zorc is uninterested in what Hoeness thinks.“It doesn’t matter what is being said before such a game,” said Zorc in a press conference on YouTube.Report: Dortmund hammer four past Leverkusen George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund put four past Bayer Leverkusen.Borussia Dortmund leapfrogged Bayern Munich to claim second place in the Bundesliga. After handing out a 4-0 thrashing of…“The favourites aren’t 1-0 up from the start of the game. Of course, we noticed that (Hoeness’ comments), but we don’t care.“We’re enjoying the situation at the moment and feel we have a good reason to approach the game with confidence.”Dortmund coach Lucien Favre also made it clear that he expects a difficult game against Bayern.The Bundesliga match between Dortmund and Bayern will begin at 18:30 (CEST) at Signal Iduna Park.
The Reader’s Digest Association has promoted Elaine Alimonti from associate publisher to publisher of Selecciones, the company’s Spanish-language magazine geared towards Hispanic families in the United States. Alimonti succeeds Elizabeth Bradley, who is leaving the magazine after six years to pursue other interests. Prior to joining RDA in July 2007, Alimonti held the position of associate publisher at Conde Nast’s Cookie since its launch in 2005. Before that, she spent seven years as associate publisher at the New York Observer. At one time, Alimonti was the advertising director at Spy magazine.”The U.S. Hispanic population is currently the fastest-growing minority group in the country,” said Eva Dillon, president, RD Inspiration, RDA, in a statement, “and with Elaine at the helm we look forward to strengthening our position serving this vital community.” More on this topic People on the Move | 10.13.11 People on the Move 7.2.09 Struggling “Every Day With Rachael Ray” Drives 2Q Losses for Reader’s Digest RDA Delays Chapter 11 Emergence Every Day Publisher Jumps to WWD Court Approves RDA’s Plan of ReorganizationJust In PE Firm Acquires Majority Stake in Industry Dive Shanker Out, Litterick In as CEO of EnsembleIQ The Atlantic Names New Global Marketing Head | People on the Move BabyCenter Sold to Ziff Davis Parent J2 Media | News & Notes The Atlantic Taps Creative Leadership | People on the Move Four More Execs Depart SourceMedia in Latest RestructuringPowered by
While the news and general interest-focused L’actualité remains on the block, both the English and French editions of LouLou will cease publication after their respective December issues.Moreover, English-language magazines Flare, Sportsnet, MoneySense, and Canadian Business will all go digital-only in 2017, leaving Hello! Canada, the two editions of Chatelaine, scaled-back versions of Maclean’s and Today’s Parent, and yet-unsold B2B titles Advantages and Advisor’s Edge as Rogers’ only remaining magazines in print.Like its counterparts south of the border, Rogers Media, which was to this point the largest magazine publisher in Canada in terms of both revenue and total readership, has been faced with mounting pressure to offset losses on the print side of the business by further investing in its digital properties.“It’s been clear for some time now that Canadians are moving from print to digital, and our job is to keep pace with the changes our audiences are demanding,” said Steve Maich, SVP of digital content and publishing, in a September statement. “We are so much more than a collection of magazine brands, and we’ve seen rapid growth on our digital platforms over the past few years. Now is the time for us to accelerate that shift.”This is a developing story. Rogers Media’s intent to exit both the B2B and French-language magazine businesses, revealed in September, left anxious staffers waiting for the other shoe to drop.Two weeks ago, the Toronto-based publisher’s sale of its B2B titles to Chicago-based EnsembleIQ seemingly left the staffs of those magazines, including Canadian Grocer and The Medical Post, unscathed.Employees at Rogers’ French-language titles aren’t so lucky.At least sixty staffers have been laid off at Châtelaine, L’actualité, and LouLou — three of the five most widely read French-language magazines in North America, according to data from the Alliance for Audited Media — several Canadian outlets reported yesterday.The sweeping cuts come alongisde announcements that Rogers will in fact retain ownership of women’s lifestyle magazine Châtelaine and its English-language sister title, but will slash the frequency of both from 12 to six issues per year.
WILMINGTON, MA — Below are real estate transactions in Wilmington during the week of April 15, 2018:28 Apache Way — Sale Price: $650,000 — Buyer: James Collins — Seller: Robert S. Braid & Anne M. Braid — Sale Date: 4/20/18 — Use: 1-Family Residence — Lot Size: 24,829sf2 Dadant Drive — Sale Price: $740,000 — Buyers: Paul J. Gagnon & Tammy M. Gagnon — Seller: Michael Tkachuk, Trustee — Sale Date: 4/19/18 — Use: 1-Family Residence — Lot Size: 20,038sf11 Oakridge Circle — Sale Price: $427,500 — Buyer: Amy Saw & Tin Htet — Seller: Cheryl A. Gustafson — Sale Date: 4/20/18 — Use: 1-Family Residence — Lot Size: 16,117sf91 Shawsheen Avenue — Sale Price: $545,000 — Buyer: Cynthia J. Saba & William J. Scanlon — Seller: Paul Gagnon & Tammy Gagnon — Sale Date: 4/19/18 — Use: 1-Family Residence — Lot Size: 21,780sfLike Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedRecent Wilmington Real Estate TransactionsIn “Business”Recent Wilmington Real Estate TransactionsIn “Business”Recent Wilmington Real Estate TransactionsIn “Business”
Post a comment US firms can again deal with Huawei. Óscar Gutiérrez/CNET President Donald Trump agreed Saturday to lift some restrictions against US companies selling high-tech gear to Chinese telecom giant Huawei, says a report. “We’re talking about equipment where there’s not a great national-emergency problem with it,” Trump said after a meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping, according to The Wall Street Journal.In May, Trump signed an executive order essentially banning Huawei because of national security concerns that the company is too closely tied to the Chinese government and that its gear could be used to spy on other countries and companies. Huawei has repeatedly said those fears are unfounded. More on Huawei Tags Mobile Security Huawei ban: Full timeline on how and why its phones are under fire Trump could use Huawei ban as leverage for US-China trade deal US companies reportedly bypassing Trump ban on sales to Huawei Huawei says Trump’s ban will hurt US 5G deployment FCC commissioner wants Huawei gear out of US networks The easing of restrictions is part of a general cease fire on trade reached between Trump and Xi during a meeting on the sidelines of a Group 20 meeting. Trump said the deal to restart talks would see the US delaying added tariffs on Chinese products in return for China buying American farm goods. It’s not yet clear exactly what Huawei restrictions will be lifted. “We’re going to work with China on where we left off to see if we can make a deal,” Trump reportedly said during a news conference. The president said he’d hold off on the Huawei issue until the end of negotiations, the Journal said.John Neuffer, president of the Semiconductor Industry Association, a trade group for makers of chips for computers, phones and other equipment, told the Journal he needed more details on what Huawei can now buy from member companies. He added, though, that he’s “encouraged the talks are restarting and additional tariffs are on hold.”Unnamed sources told the Journal that US national security officials have been exploring ways of narrowing the Huawei prohibitions so they pinpoint sales of US gear used in “chokepoints,” places where the Chinese company’s tech could control wireless networks. Security experts have voiced concern about foreign powers disrupting US communications networks, especially during a national emergency.Originally published June 28, 9:44 a.m. PT.Update, 10:20 a.m.: Adds mention of concern about “chokepoints.” Share your voice 0 Huawei
Mudit MalhotraPR HandoutMudit Malhotra, who better known as Mister International India 2016 and Mister India 2016, is very passionate about modelling and his passion has taken him around the globe.Isn’t there something super stunning and captivating about people who’re brave enough to follow their dreams? Meet Mudit Malhotra, who was born in New Delhi and flew down to Mumbai, where he become actor and fashion model, From France to Italy to The States, his passion for modelling has taken him around the world.Mudit Malhotra has walked the ramp for top notch Indian Fashion Designers such as Rohit Bal, Tarun Tahiliani, Shantanu and Nikhil. He featured in print advertisements and campaigns for Indian and International corporations such as Dixy Scott Inner Wear, Red Chief shoes, Tinder, Royal Enfield, Tata Cliq and FlipkartThis is not all, Mudit Malhotra has also made it to the covers of magazines such as Woman’s Era, Maxim, Elite and Men’s Health. He has established himself as a successful role model for many.He completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Arts and Master’s Degree in Public Relations and Marketing and went on to become a Lifestyle and Fashion Blogger, an internationally certified fitness trainer, an amazing chef and a social activist with the Rubaru Group.On being questioned about the best things that have happened to him courtesy his profession, he chuckled and told us, “I’ve met so many interesting people across cultures and they’ve all added their spark and magic to my journey, making it richer, diverse and full of learning”.We wish him immense luck and success for all his future projects.
China’s domestically developed AG600, the world’s largest amphibious aircraft, performed its maiden flight on Sunday from an airport on the shores of the South China Sea, the latest step in a military modernization program.China has stepped up research on advanced military equipment as it adopts a more muscular approach to territorial disputes in places such as the disputed South China Sea, rattling nerves in the Asia-Pacific region and the United States.State television showed live images of the AG600 lifting off from Zhuhai airport in the southern province of Guangdong, which sits on the South China Sea coast.It returned about an hour later and taxied to its stand accompanied by martial music and greeted by crowds waving Chinese flags.Xinhua news agency said the aircraft was the “protector spirit of the sea, islands and reefs”.It had previously been scheduled to make its first flight earlier this year but it is unclear why it was delayed after ground tests took place in April.State-owned Aviation Industry Corp of China (AVIC) has spent almost eight years developing the aircraft, which is roughly the size of a Boeing Co 737 and is designed to carry out marine rescues and battle forest fires.However, state media has also noted its potential use in the South China Sea, where China, Vietnam, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan and Brunei all have overlapping claims.The AG600’s chief designer, Huang Lingcai, was quoted in the official China Daily earlier this month as saying it can make round trips without refueling from the southern island province of Hainan to James Shoal, claimed by China but which is located close to Sarawak in Malaysian Borneo.Powered by four turboprop engines, the AG600 can carry 50 people during maritime search-and-rescue missions, and can scoop up 12 metric tons of water within 20 seconds for fire fighting trips, according to state media.The aircraft has received 17 orders so far from Chinese government departments and Chinese companies. It has a maximum flight range of 4,500 km (2,800 miles) and a maximum take-off weight of 53.5 tonnes.It can use conventional airports and also land and take-off from the sea.China is in the midst of a massive military modernisation program, ranging from testing anti-satellite missiles to building stealth fighters and the country’s first indigenous aircraft carrier, to add to an existing one bought from Ukraine.