Public Utilities Department to implement changes after audit highlights oversight issues Posted: September 6, 2018 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – The San Diego Public Utilities Department is making some changes after a city audit found employees working to fix faulty water meters were taking twice the amount of time than planned.San Diego City Councilman Scott Sherman was here to explain these new changes. Categories: Good Morning San Diego, Local San Diego News Tags: Scott Sherman FacebookTwitter KUSI Newsroom KUSI Newsroom, September 6, 2018
Dan Cohen AUTHOR In recent months, Air Force leaders have indicated that the combination of a high level of demand for operations overseas and the service’s aging fleet will require the Air Force to add roughly 10,000 active-duty airmen or more by Oct. 1, 2017.The service’s active-duty end strength is slated to rise from 311,600 currently to 317,000 by this October. And while officials did not include funds for further growth in the Air Force’s fiscal 2017 budget request, Secretary Deborah Lee James has signaled her intention to use her authority to add up to 6,340 personnel next year, reported Air Force Times.“In reality, I think that mission demands will indicate that we need even more growth [than 317,000] in FY ‘17,” James said during her keynote address at an Air Force Association symposium last month. “We have been downsizing for a long time in our Air Force, and this simply must stop. It is stopping. And now, we’re in an era of a modest upsize.”If she opts to expand the service’s end strength in FY 2017, James said the service would target fields including intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, cyber, maintenance and battlefield airmen. This year’s expansion will bolster those same fields, according to the story.Growing those critical specialties will not be easy, and will require officials to identify a source of funding and qualified people to fill those jobs. James said the Air Force plans to ramp up its recruiting and training efforts to handle the potential influx of new airmen.“After 20-some years of downsizing in our Air Force, in order to now grow modestly, we need to infuse resources into both the recruiting corps and into the technical training base, so that we can go out and attract the right kind of talent and then get them trained in the appropriate skills,” James said.Other strategies the Air Force is employing include offering incentives to retain experienced airmen, allowing more personnel from the reserve components to move into active duty and increasing opportunities for airmen to retrain into high-priority jobs.
Facebook Twitter The 21-year-old actress and singer joined the ranks of artists and celebrities who have put money up so schoolchildren from their hometowns could attend free screenings of the blockbuster filmBrian HaackGRAMMYs Feb 26, 2018 – 12:43 pm Multi-talented actress/singer and The Greatest Showman star Zendaya joined together with progressive activist and entrepreneur Michael Skolnik to take over 300 schoolchildren from her hometown of Oakland, Calif., to see a special screening of Black Panther.Zendaya is just the latest celebrity to put together a free screening of Black Panther for members of her community, following on the heels of GRAMMY winners Kendrick Lamar and Anthony “Top Dawg” Tiffith, who bought out five showings at three cinemas in Los Angeles so children living in the city’s Watts housing projects could view the film during its opening weekend. Meanwhile, rapper/singer Travis Scott rented out two theaters in Stafford, Texas, so local kids could attend the movie for free.Atlanta rappers Big Boi and T.I. were also onboard, with T.I. partnering with Walmart to give out 300 free tickets to a local Black Panther premiere screening, and Big Boi arranging for patients housed in hospice care to also see the film for free. Zendaya Took 300 Students To See ‘Black Panther’ Last Weekend Email Zendaya Took 300 Students To See ‘Black Panther’ zendaya-took-300-students-see-black-panther-last-weekend News For her own part, Zendaya has also promised on Twitter that she plans to set up additional free screenings for director Ava DuVernay’s forthcoming adaptation of Madeline L’Engle’s classic fantasy novel A Wrinkle In Time, set for release on Mar. 9. DuVernay has said she hopes her film will help spread a positive message amid a national sentiment of “darkness and division.”Black Panther’s director Ryan Coogler has also released a statement in response to the overwhelmingly positive response the film has received, saying, “Never in a million years did we imagine that you all would come out this strong… For the people who bought out theaters, … And to the young ones, who came out with their parents, with their mentors, and with their friends…Thank you for giving our team of filmmakers the greatest gift: The opportunity to share this film, that we poured our hearts and souls into, with you.”Getting The Latest Music News Just Got Easier. Introducing: GRAMMY Bot. Find it On KIK and Facebook MessengerRead more
WILMINGTON, MA — Below are real estate transactions in Wilmington during the week of April 15, 2018:28 Apache Way — Sale Price: $650,000 — Buyer: James Collins — Seller: Robert S. Braid & Anne M. Braid — Sale Date: 4/20/18 — Use: 1-Family Residence — Lot Size: 24,829sf2 Dadant Drive — Sale Price: $740,000 — Buyers: Paul J. Gagnon & Tammy M. Gagnon — Seller: Michael Tkachuk, Trustee — Sale Date: 4/19/18 — Use: 1-Family Residence — Lot Size: 20,038sf11 Oakridge Circle — Sale Price: $427,500 — Buyer: Amy Saw & Tin Htet — Seller: Cheryl A. Gustafson — Sale Date: 4/20/18 — Use: 1-Family Residence — Lot Size: 16,117sf91 Shawsheen Avenue — Sale Price: $545,000 — Buyer: Cynthia J. Saba & William J. Scanlon — Seller: Paul Gagnon & Tammy Gagnon — Sale Date: 4/19/18 — Use: 1-Family Residence — Lot Size: 21,780sfLike Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedRecent Wilmington Real Estate TransactionsIn “Business”Recent Wilmington Real Estate TransactionsIn “Business”Recent Wilmington Real Estate TransactionsIn “Business”
The modular design of The Wall Luxury’s Micro LED panels allow TVs from 73 up to 292 inches. Samsung Samsung’s The Wall TV is finally going to be available for consumers to purchase. At least those wealthy enough to afford its still unknown, but likely insanely expensive, price tag. Available globally in July, The Wall Luxury is Samsung’s first consumer Micro LED display. The scalable, modular technology can be configured and customized to a variety of sizes, from 73-inches in 2K (a.k.a. 1080p) resolution all the way up to 292-inches in 8K resolution — assuming your room and budget can support adding the additional panels. Comments TVs Samsung 3 Samsung MicroLED TV comes closer to reality in 75-inch… Samsung The Frame UN55LS003AF 1:48 Preview • The Wall Luxury incorporates design-centric features from other Samsung TVs. Like the Frame, The Wall isn’t meant to be turned off. Instead, Samsung says, it changes “into a digital canvas best matching the owner`s interior needs and personal mood.” The display runs a version of Samsung’s Ambient mode found on its 2019 QLED TVs that shows curated art, photos and videos, complete with optional digital frames.Samsung says the product will be sold through its “Custom Installer Network” and those looking for pricing information should contact them. For context, Samsung’s QLED-based TVs max out at $70,000 for a 98-inch 8K version, so it’s safe to assume that The Wall Luxury will cost well into six figures, at least for the larger 4K and 8K sizes.Instead of powering off, Samsung’s The Wall Luxury television can turn into a digital picture frame when not in use. Samsung The first new screen technology in a decade, MicroLED utilizes millions of tiny, inorganic LEDs packed together to create the image. It has the potential for the same perfect black levels as OLED with no danger of burn-in. It can deliver higher brightness than any current display technology, wide-gamut excellent color and doesn’t suffer the viewing angle and uniformity issues of LCD. The Wall Luxury features a brightness of 2,000 nits, higher than all but the brightest LCD TVs available today, for improved HDR image quality. Samsung mentions a “120Hz video rate,” although it’s unclear whether that’s the same as the 120Hz refresh rate used by high-end 4K TVs. Samsung’s AI Upscaling is also present through what the company calls its “Quantum Processor Flex,” which uses machine learning to calibrate the picture regardless of The Wall’s modular screen resolution.The Wall Luxury has a panel depth of 30mm, an improvement on the 80mm depth of the earlier version of The Wall that was only available for the commercial market. Despite the depth improvement, however, a Samsung representative told CNET that The Wall Luxury doesn’t use the next-generation version of MicroLED tech shown at CES 2019. That version uses even smaller LEDs, managing to eke 4K resolution out of a 75-inch size. There’s no word on when Samsung will bring that version to market. Tags 31 Photos Meet Samsung’s modular and massive MicroLED TVs at CES Compared to OLED and LCD, one disadvantage of current MicroLED technology is resolution. At 73 inches and 2K/1080p resolution, the individual pixels of The Wall Luxury are significantly larger than those of a typical 75-inch 4K LCD or 77-inch 4K OLED TV, so the image won’t be as detailed with 4K TV shows and movies, in particular from relatively close seating distances. The same goes for higher-resolution; Samsung sells QLED TVs with 8K resolution as small as 65 inches, while to get that resolution in MicroLED you’ll need, yes, a 292-inch TV.Update June 13: Added more pricing information. Share your voice Now playing: Watch this:
Speculations on Samsung Galaxy S IV has hit new heights as the reports of Samsung confirming the arrival of new flagship handset emerged.The latest reports suggest that the successor of Samsung Galaxy S3 is in the pipeline. Rumours on Galaxy S IV, which have been doing the rounds since last summer, seems to be ringing true after theSamsung Lebanon on Facebook responded to a query saying that “The Galaxy SIV won’t be released before May 2013.” It added later “What we said is only trivial since all Galaxy S series are released between late April and Early May, yet there’s no way for anyone to know the exact release date.”Although this has made it clear that the company will not launch the much-anticipated Galaxy S IV before May, the response had fuelled the speculations that the company has its next flagship phone in the bag. Meanwhile, an image which is said to be Samsung Galaxy S IV has hit the net. The image, which appears more or less similar to its predecessor Galaxy S III, was apparently sent by an insider at Samsung to the technology Blog SamMobile.According to SamMobile, the leaked image of Galaxy S IV revealed that, “The device will use on-screen buttons as there is no home-button present on the device (Finally), the bezel around the device is much thinner and the device features a large display.”The rumours suggest that the device will have 4.99 inch Super AMOLED FULL HD display with 1080p and will be powered by Exynos 5450 Quad-Core CPU clocked at 2.0GHz. It is also said that the device will have unbreakable display. The speculations have been rife that the device will boast of 13 Megapixel Rear Facing Camera and 2 Megapixel Front Facing Camera along with 2GB RAM.”We can’t 100% confirm if this is indeed the Galaxy S IV but the picture he sent us looks really sharp and doesn’t look fake at all. The design of the device looks also very similar to the design of the Galaxy S III and the Galaxy Premier, which makes this picture more authentic,” said SamMobile.
A set of leaked emails in the Sony Pictures hacking incident revealed that Alibaba Holdings, Asia’s largest internet company, expressed its interest in investing in Hollywood with Sony Studios.Alibaba founder Jack Ma reportedly met executives at Sony Pictures and discussed the possibility of investing in certain movies like Ghostbusters, the leaks revealed, according to China Daily.Ma apparently met with some executive of Sony and a group of other people that included actor Jet Li and people in the know to talk about potential co-investment plans in the movies. The e-commerce company showed interest in investing in a Spider-Man Villain movie, a film on a hit Manga series and even a movie on Chinese children’s comic “Dragon Raja.”Jack Ma met with several other studios as well including Fox, Lionsgate and Relativity, fresh off Alibaba’s whirlwind IPO.”I come here to learn, I want to come here looking for partners. We worry about people with deep pockets but shallow minds, so movies are the best way to change Chinese young people’s behavior,” Ma was quoted by Bloomberg at that time.Alibaba wants to invest in specific movies only and use its giant internet platform to market the films and deliver a culture-rich product to its users.”Securing licensing agreements to distribute content across the Alibaba ecosystem remains an important part of our long-term business strategy,” Bob Christie, a spokesman for Alibaba said in an e-mailed statement to China Daily.Alibaba already distributes movies and TV shows through its set top boxes. The new venture in Hollywood would only give it a larger audience and build more business for the company.Meanwhile, the hacker group that breached data security of Sony Pictures has exposed far more crucial data than just some preliminary talks between two giant companies. The cyber attack has leaked employee personal information, some pilot movie plots and other confidential emails that have put Sony Pictures in a tight spot.The hacks could cost the company more than $200 million.
Mudit MalhotraPR HandoutMudit Malhotra, who better known as Mister International India 2016 and Mister India 2016, is very passionate about modelling and his passion has taken him around the globe.Isn’t there something super stunning and captivating about people who’re brave enough to follow their dreams? Meet Mudit Malhotra, who was born in New Delhi and flew down to Mumbai, where he become actor and fashion model, From France to Italy to The States, his passion for modelling has taken him around the world.Mudit Malhotra has walked the ramp for top notch Indian Fashion Designers such as Rohit Bal, Tarun Tahiliani, Shantanu and Nikhil. He featured in print advertisements and campaigns for Indian and International corporations such as Dixy Scott Inner Wear, Red Chief shoes, Tinder, Royal Enfield, Tata Cliq and FlipkartThis is not all, Mudit Malhotra has also made it to the covers of magazines such as Woman’s Era, Maxim, Elite and Men’s Health. He has established himself as a successful role model for many.He completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Arts and Master’s Degree in Public Relations and Marketing and went on to become a Lifestyle and Fashion Blogger, an internationally certified fitness trainer, an amazing chef and a social activist with the Rubaru Group.On being questioned about the best things that have happened to him courtesy his profession, he chuckled and told us, “I’ve met so many interesting people across cultures and they’ve all added their spark and magic to my journey, making it richer, diverse and full of learning”.We wish him immense luck and success for all his future projects.
If Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley sticks to the fiscal consolidation path while presenting the Union Budget for FY2018, there is a higher likelihood of a repo rate cut in the Monetary Policy Committee’s February 2017 meeting, Aditi Nayar, a senior economist at ICRA, said in a note released on Monday (January 15). RBI governor Urjit Patel conveys subtle message to Modi Govt before Budget 2017However, Aditi added that the room for incremental rate cuts would be limited to 25 bps over the next six months as the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) focuses more on achieving the mid-point of the inflation target range of four per cent. “With concerns regarding the sustainability of the rebound in industrial growth in November 2016 and headline CPI inflation likely to undershoot the RBI’s target for Q4 FY2017, there is a higher likelihood of a repo rate cut in February,” she said.On the inflation front, ICRA expects the CPI inflation to record one more sub-3.5 per cent figure in January 2017, before recording an uptick in February-March 2017 as the favourable base effect wanes. Overall, the rating agency continues to expect CPI inflation to undershoot the RBI’s projection of five per cent for the fourth quarter of FY2017. Going ahead, food items, particularly vegetables, may continue to display a seasonal moderation in January 2017. Moreover, a 13 per cent rise in rabi acreage for pulses has led to a decline in prices in the ongoing month. Overall, rabi sowing is seven per cent higher than year-ago levels, though on a small base. While precipitation has been low in the post-monsoon season, healthy reservoir levels on a seasonally adjusted basis would support the yields, ICRA said.Earlier last week, government data showed that the CPI inflation eased to a 25-month low at 3.4 per cent in December 2016 from 3.6 per cent in November 2016. Food and beverages inflation declined to a 59-month low at two per cent in December 2016 from 2.6 percent in November 2016. The core-CPI inflation (excluding food and beverages and fuel and light) eased marginally to 4.9 per cent in December 2016 from five per cent in November 2016, displaying a limited reaction to changes in supply and demand after the note ban.
Klaus Kleinfeld, Chief Executive Officer of Arconic, takes part in the Yahoo Finance All Markets Summit in New York, on 8 February 2017. Photo: ReutersKlaus Kleinfeld, a former chief executive of Siemens and Alcoa, has been appointed an adviser to Saudi Arabia’s crown prince Mohammed bin Salman effective from 1 August, according to a report on the Maaal financial news website on Tuesday.Kleinfeld will leave his current position as chief executive of NEOM, a planned mega-city and business zone in the kingdom, but will retain a position on its board, the report said.Kleinfeld “will take over wider responsibilities to enhance the economic, technological and financial development of Saudi Arabia,” the report said.Nadhmi al-Nasr, who was tasked with developing the strategy for the mega-city and has more than 30 years of experience at oil giant Aramco, will take over as chief executive of NEOM, the report said.Prince Mohammed previously announced plans for the 26,500 square km zone, known as NEOM, at an international investment conference in Riyadh. Officials said public and private investment in the area was eventually expected to total $500 billion.The mega-city, with its own judicial system and legislation designed to attract international investors, is to focus on industries such as energy and water, biotechnology, food, advanced manufacturing and tourism, according to officials.It is part of bold moves by the 32-year-old heir apparent to wean the world’s top crude exporter off oil revenues that include plans to float a portion of state oil giant Saudi Aramco.